Thursday, September 30, 2010

Seth Aaron: Is Solar The New Black?



Watch out Fashion World!!! Out with the OLD and in with the NEW!! Seth Aaron Henderson is a whole new genre of Fashion Designers. Portland-based designer is now creating a solar-powered clothing collection, which will debut at Portland's upcoming Fashion Week on October 9. SOLAR is the new BLACK!

A willingness to take criticism and a commitment to constant improvement are vital if you want to break into the fashion industry -- or any creative field. Project Runway Season 7 winner Seth Aaron Henderson explains what it took for him to achieve the ultimate success in 24/7 Creatives newest "Voices" profile: http://bit.ly/aZgyYF.

"When I toured the SolarWorld factory, I was looking to build on my ideas for a solar-inspired runway collection. As I wandered, I picked up this product here, touched that material there, took a photo of a pattern, looked inside a furnace. Everywhere, I found spaces that looked graphic, rigid, metal. For my designs, I didn't so much form ideas as gut impressions. My interpretations are futuristic, exaggerated and dramatic. I want people to remember them. After all, solar is our future."

Visit Solar World USA's website for more of this story on what exactly Solar Clothing is:
http://www.solarworld-usa.com/black

Like Seth Aaron, I too am/was/are on a mission to get to the top of the "fashion totem pole" and it's not necessarily those who do things great that stand out; sometimes, it's those who do things differently than the rest. It's those certain individuals who think out side of the box, step out of their comfort zones, takes risks and keeps moving forward. So what if the first time you did something it didn't work out, get back up and back to work. You have to ask yourself what is it that you are doing that nobody else is doing, and if somebody is doing something similar, how than can I take that same thing and make it, not different, but BETTER. Be you. Best bet.

For more information on Seth Aaron visit his facebook page.


Leroux
September 30 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment