Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lauren Teter: The New "IT" Girl




While there are many misconceptions about models, the one mentioned by Teter seems to be common and untrue.

Last year was the start of Teter’s modeling career, followed by a string of accomplishments—including signing with Ford after being an emerging model with Phoenix Fashion Week for the first time.

“It’s hard to pick a top three because I loved all of the designers I walked for,” Teter said.” But if I had to pick it would be Bri Bridge, Briana Linea and Encolor.”

Born in San Antonio, Texas, Teter is a freshman at The University of Arizona studying pre-business. She purses modeling on the side, hoping to participate in new events and shows, as well as always being a part of the fashion world whether it’s through business or modeling.

“I love the fashion world, it is a crazy industry and you always have to remember to follow your dreams,” Teter said. “It has evolved so much over the years and is constantly changing. The fashion industry sets styles for the world. It is so cool to be a part of that.”

Article written by Jacqueline Valle for Phoenix Fashion Week.


I have had the pleasure of working with Lauren Teter back in November 2008 during my yearly Rioux Leroux: Runway For A Cause event, where she totally rocked Phoenix Fashion Designer Trish Martin's Punkouture clothing line. Lauren has this presence and look about her that I know will make her the next big thing. You will be seeing a lot more of her if I have anything to do with it! Watch!

I love the fact that she is a REAL person who just loves to model. Nowadays, models think they have to be a certain way because of society or totally put on a fasad to hide who they are because they are scared of being accepted. I learn that when you be yourself and stop pretending to be something that you are not, you stand out a hell of a lot more because you are an INDIVIDUAL! Stay true to you, if people don't like it, than so be it- they don't deserve to know you.


To learn more about Lauren Teter or just want to follow her on her quest to the top visit her Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000878942269


Leroux

September 30, 2010


2 comments:

  1. Hey Anthony! I am friends with Amparo and saw your pic with her and followed your info to here, your blog..(I was at the E24 launch, as well)

    I just thought I would informally introduce myself. I am local business owner and have spent the past 6+ years modeling here in AZ. I am sort of working my way behind the camera now, tough and am hoping to make many new contacts in all parts of the industry. I have been working on some new ventures with local designers (and Local Talent) and have even been working with Encore 24 a little here and there, hoping to work and help out in the local fashion industry as much as possible. I run a little (world-read) blog.. however it doesn't have as much local readership as I would like, so I am working on transitioning that part of my life as well ;) Check out my blogs. I have my modeling portfolio as one and my fashion blog as another. Also, I "friended" you on Facebook.. as we have 15 friends in common :)

    See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I am just now getting to read this. It is nice to see people interested in me. I like the fact that you are in the fashion industry as well and would love to work with you sometime.

    ReplyDelete